Monday, March 10, 2008

Just call me a bookworm

When I was 10 I used to read Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys while walking to school. Actually, Nancy Drew was whoosy, so I preferred the Hardy boys. Plus, they were a lot cuter - Nancy Drew's picture on the front of the book looked too plain for me.

When I was 24 I read CS Lewis' The Screwtape Letters while walking to work along a busy TransCanada route. I used to love reading while walking.

For me, reading isn't a sedentary activity. It puts me to sleep. But lately, I have rediscovered it. This past weekend Scott and I went to a local Bed & Breakfast for a day away from responsibility, parenting, work. I'm proud to say I read a book, cover to cover, in that 24 hours. Here it is:

The nice thing about these books is that they're cheap and they get sent to me once a month.
So, as I'm writing this Ben and Scott are saying that it isn't really a book. Let me ask you two questions: 1) Are there words that I read? 2) Is there a spine? Then IT'S A BOOK. I found out about the white bear, in the black bear family, born from two recessive genes creating the light fur colour. I learned that Orca's eat dolphins and that I won't ever go on a Klondike Trail tourist site because I think they're boring. So, I think I learned a lot from my book.

Last month when heading into the bathtub I announced that I was going to read a book, and picked up my Dilbert daily calendar. Since I hadn't read it in 3 months and it has a spine, it qualified. But then I dropped it in the water with 1 month left to read....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home