Monday, September 10, 2007

What a Whirlwind Summer

This has been quite a summer. The weather - not so great. The vacations - fabulous! The pace - hectic.
Our one year anniversary passed just over a month ago. When I review life since we wed, it's amazing how much change has happened. Scott has worked a few different jobs, most of the all at once, Church has relocated to the cafe and developed its own identity, perhaps different than our original idea; but that's a good thing. Our kids have gone through personal changes, the family structure has and is adapting, my mom has joined us in Mission (at her own place) and we bought a business. We have been trying so many recipes for suppers and snaks and desserts!
I have some very great memories of moments this summer. One of them was yesterday, when Scott, Matthew and I took a brief water tour. We started at Allco Park in Maple Ridge, where we got married. There is a small river (stream) that we waded in. Then we went to Cliff Falls, where we walked around some of the eddied pools and looked at the holes carved in the rock from many years of water pressure eroding it. Those pictures will come later. Then we went to Hayward Lake where Scott and Matthew jumped off the "dog jump". It's about 15 feet, and every time Mathew self-talks that he shouldn't be scared, it's just water. I would be doing the same thing, but I'm old enough to do it in my head not out loud.
We had fabulous vacations, first alone for days, then later with family for a week. Here are a couple of pictures I really like.
Well, I'm off to work now, then tonight I'm going through more recipes for the Grill. It's a sunshiny day -yay!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home