Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bonding with the guys

Our family has had many wonderful and fun times over the last few months. We've hung out at home, church, the movies, restaurants. But that's usually with Scott. I haven't had a chance to do anything alone with both boys, other than being at home with them when Scott is out. Today we had our first family time where we had a common emphasis. God provided that opportunity. I'll show a web picture of the opportunity. No, this is not my basement. Mine is filled with music gear.



This morning the basement was flooded a couple inches deep, and Scott bailed out 13 garbage cans full of water. Enough to do some damage control. He put the gear up on tables...I've never seen water run out of the seams of an amp before.

When Scott was at work tonight I was doing laundry, and noticed the water at least a couple inches deep in the hallway. When opening the band room, I saw it was flooded again as suspected. But the water was several inches deep by now. So, I called the boys to help bail again. It was a bonding moment. I don't know what Ben thought, but Nathan and I enjoyed the process - it was kind of fun. I figure the moment needed to be savoured for the team effort and the "youthful" feeling of having to rescue something that wasn't working out quite right. It reminded me of the van pushing scenes in Little Miss Sunshine. A pain, but a good pain.
Matthew didn't like the experience so much. He was in bed, but knew what was happening. He said "I know the door and walls are going to come crashing in from the water. I just know it." He has my taste for drama. I would have thought the same thing at his age.

Comments:
You'll do anything to get rid of that recliner, won't you ;)
 
I thought that was a picture of a polished concrete floor when I first saw it. Man that water has a nice glossy finish to it!

Our roof sprung two more leaks this week too.
 
Erin, you weren't supposed to tell!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home