Thursday, December 07, 2006

One of Life's Hard Lessons

Yeah, I've had a full life. A full range of emotions and experiences. Maybe not as rich or varied as some who have traveled a lot and had money or others who have experienced war every day of their lives. I think that's where I'll go with this.
I've blogged before about not understanding war and politics. Also blogged about some times when I've felt sorry for myself. One thing I don't understand is why I was born here in Canada and someone else my age was born in a less advantaged place. My life is easy compared to so many other places. I don't live with bombs outside my place, with limbs missing from war activities, with the fear of genocide or torture. It makes me ask why I have it so good and others don't. It also makes me wonder how others find so much to be thankful for, who live under these conditions.
Scott posted a picture of two sets of children. Is it my imagination, or does the girl on the right look genuinely happy? Sure teaches me something about true joy not being dependent on circumstances. And how we aren't thankful enough for what we do have.

Comments:
You know what, I was thinking about the same thing a while back

I wanted to know why I live the way i do, and others live with less. why do other people struggle and I don't seem to very much?

my friend liz wrote me and said this: "God gave you what you have so you could help others."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home