Sunday, December 17, 2006

Iron Chef?

Tonight Ben and Colin cooked supper for us. Delicious teriyaki stir fry with chicken and leftover roast cubes. It was a treat to have them cook.
Scott and I like watching cooking shows lately. We watch Iron Chef, and Take Home Chef. I do feel some guilt that we watch these, when people in other countries are struggling to stay alive. I haven't figured that part out for myself yet. Anyway, what we used to do in private (cooking shows) we have just begun to do in front of the family. Sometimes with the family. Scott has even started his "secret ingredient challenge", where every couple of weeks he brings home an item, and I have to come up with a way to cook it. I don't always have to do the work, as last time it was a joint effort. Eggplant in pasta sauce. I couldn't really taste the eggplant (maybe that was a good thing), so I didn't do great on the challenge. He says he already knows what the next secret ingredient is, and we haven't seen or used it before.
Perhaps inspired by the guys cooking tonight, or by the show we watched, Matthew has decided to cook tomorrow night. He has chosen stuffed peppers, garlic bread, and hamburger. He thinks he will do most of it himself with just a little sous-chef help from Scott and I will be the taster. While he is in bed, I have just printed a simple recipe for them to use. Matthew is confident that he will cook a great meal. I wonder if he will still feel that way tomorrow, or if he will decide it's too much work.
I'm thinking it's Nathan's turn now.....

Comments:
don't tell anyone i do that? man my rep is taking a serious beating...
 
I know what the next secret ingredient is...
 
one word, prickly...
 
good luck with that one!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home