Sunday, November 26, 2006

#8

It's time to confess on my second habit. I've been avoiding it, but since this is the end of my series and I opened up the box so to speak, here it is.
At the same time that my smoking habit started, the other began. After swimming at the Cold Lake pool, I tried the showers. Oh, it was heavne. Why did no one tellme about showers before? I stayed in for what seemed like a very short time. The pool guard came to the change room and told everyone to get out of the showers because the pool was closing. Not one to disobey much, I disregarded her warning. No one could separate me from this. A bit later she came by again and with a more elevated voice she told everyone to get out and added some kind of adult "dig" about us not caring to run the pool out of hot water. And you know, I didn't care. But, since we were being shut down I complied.
For the next few years I still only had baths at home. But then I began to form my habit. Ah, the long hot shower. You know, most people really dont get it right. They're out in 5 minutes. Not me. 20 minutes is great.
Nathan tells me that they never run out of water in Scott's (my) house. I don't know what he is talking about, because I run out of hot water every time. In fact, I might have to get someone to spring for a bigger tank. Because maybe 20 minutes just isn't enough. Maybe I should go for the zenith of showers!

Comments:
Ah, you,re all wet.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home