Saturday, July 15, 2006

The long awaited bridal shower photos

In June my employer held a surprise shower for me. I've been waiting anxiously for the photos, and just got them. I'm not very smart with ways to make money, because I really should use some of them for blackmail purposes.
There is a primary difference between male and female "showers" (not stags). Male get togethers involve boasting, macho imbibing, and beef. Women's showers involve giggling, "classy" imbibing (wine, not beer) and light food. Of course I've stated this like I'm an authoritarian on the subject though I've only been to a tiny amount of showers, most of them inside a church. No imbibing there...unless it's communion.
The female shower has a very important element. Embarrassing games. We only played one. It sounded tame. The goal was to have 4 teams design and model what I should wear to the wedding. The medium: toilet paper. What I envisioned I would do and what the teams did were entirely different. I think Scott would like their version better. Thank goodness they wore clothes underneath the outfits. Have a look:

The winner: my boss Margaret, in the spiral 'top'.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home