Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's happening

It's happening


On Tuesday things didn't go very smoothly. In the morning my car broke down at an intersection 2 blocks from work. I popped the hood, hailed down some people for their cell phone, called Scott for help, and sat in the stalled car. I had just passed another woman doing the same thing, and wondered what she would possibly find to do. She looked so bored. I came up with someone...I put on my lipstick. Ah, that was better. So, I sat and waited for a bit until Mel Gibson pulled up in a cool black car. He took a moment to brush his luxurious hair before rescuing me, but I didn't mind. I stared at his sultry 5'8" frame. Oh - did I get sidetracked there? Bear with me. It's my story and I can imagine whatever I want.
So, the car got boosted and off we headed, for another block and another red light. Car stalled. Pushed onto a side street. Tow truck called. I walked the block to work while Scott waited for an hour. If you know him, you realize how painful that would have been for him.
Later that day we found out that the pants Scott ordered were never ordered, got a couple of RSVP cancellations from people that we were hoping could make it, and had a $475.00 car bill. I had a mini stress session. But my lipstick still looked good. Man those long lasting ones are good products!
Despite the bumps of Tuesday, these are good days. Things not going according to plan mean that wedding week is here. There will be progress and turmoil. Tomorrow will bring more of that, but also will bring more precious family and friends.
What I look forward to the most for Saturday is being with people we love and hanging out. Yes, there is the pretty dress and flowers, but the thing that makes me smile the most is spending time with those who come. Sharing joy and building memories for the future.
My lipstick? The same I wore Tuesday. It will need to last. The day will be long and warm, with me in my long dress and Scott in his shirt, vest and...boxers. No pants. It's cooler that way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home