Monday, April 10, 2006

The Toll

Saturday was a weird day of accidents. Matthew was almost determined to hurt himself, just narrowly avoiding it. While biking at the park, he became enmeshed with another kid while I tried not to panic. I couldn't believe there were no injuries. Then while walking by a stream he tripped on a log and almost took a full header onto the rocks, but caught his balance in time. He fell against the car trying to get his backpack in the back seat. Got a bruise on his leg. Playing in the parking lot after church, he skidded on his elbow and got some scrapes. But the story doesn't end with Matthew.
I bumped my head on a cupboard corner and got a little red mark on the forehead. No big deal. Rose fell down her stairs and bruised her wrist. Scott had to beat everyone (of course) by fighting with a piano and ending up with 5 stitches on his chin, right before church. Wait...I mean 5 ninjas came into the club threatening to rob it, and Scott got cut with a knife during his fierce defense of Ben's life.
I think it all this started on Friday with Lori. Let's blame her.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home