Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Clearer Vision?

I've had my share of disappointments with people, as all of us have. I've vented via conversation and at times via this blog site. Not always proud moments. I remember one time of intense frustration while visiting a church. The day didn't go well, and I was mad at the communication of some "types" of people. I told myself I wasn't going back to that church again.
Yet, two weeks later, I returned. Stupidity perhaps. As I sat in the congregation during the music, I was disgusted. I had come to know that there is blackness in the hearts of many people, and I almost twisted my mouth as I thought of the falseness. How could God stomach this?
I thought about that. As I did, what I saw and heard began to be shaded with a different brush stroke. "They are beautiful." "They are in worship of me, and I love them." My picture of Christians changed a bit at that moment. Perhaps I saw them as Christ does.
It's not done yet, this seeing things through His eyes. There is far to go, especially on days when I am in the muck of existence. But I hope that God moment comes back to my mind more and more. I need it for healing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home