Monday, March 20, 2006

And the Dunce Award goes to:


Me!
In Matthew's report card, the teacher wrote that he should be watching French DVDs. I rarely rent DVDs (though I own some), so I've been looking on the French channel for after school or weekend cartoons. Man, that channel looks boring, because I haven't found any yet. Just interview shows and news. Not my thing, nor is it Matthew's. So I told the teacher today that I haven't been able to get him to watch any yet. "Watch French DVD's" she said again. I asked her if I have to go to the library to get them. She said "No, you select the French language on any DVD." DUNCE award to Annette for not figuring that out.
The other night mom and I watched The Pianist. It had Chinese subtitles through the whole thing, as it was "converted" in China. It also had English subtitles for the occasonal German speaking movie scenes. So, I tried to read the English through the Chinese. The next day Scott said "Why didn't you just turn the Chinese subtitles off? Double D (for dunce, not something else).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home