Friday, December 02, 2005

Just a normal school day


So, it snowed. While walking Matthew across the school grounds we were throwing snow balls at each other all the way. I got hit in the head with a stray snowball the other kids were throwing at each other. You could almost hear them groan, waiting for my reaction. I said "Oh Man!", smiled and kept walking as I picked up another snowball to pelt Matthew with.
When we got to the class lineup and the fight continued, one rule-follower said "You're not allowed to throw snowballs at school". WHAT? Well, being a rule follower myself (and afraid of the authorities) I stopped.
But...when I picked Matthew up we waited for the kids to leave. It was just us and some other friends. We started in again. Soon enough I found myself in a knock-down snowball fight with 5 boys. And the other mom was rooting for them! Then she joined my side, and we had a fabulous laughing time with the kids.
It's sure great to take these kind of moments. The bruises almost make it worthwhile.
Thank goodness it doesn't snow much here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home