Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Anticipation of the Blessed Event


The older I become, the more I get excited by Christmas. It never used to happen this way, but now I find the beginning of the season seductive in its celebrative aura. The lights, the colours, the beauty. As the season approaches I have a quiet sense of awe at its beauty, and a childish twittering in the heart.
I know that for so many people Christmas is a reminder of loss. Death of a loved one, of a marriage, mourning a family that never was, of financial destitution. Perhaps Christmas more than any other time, is bittersweet for mankind. Promises of peace fulfilled for some but not all. Man, that's not where I thought this post would go. I thought it would be happy, as my mood is about the season.
Perhaps it's a reminder to share with others. A smile. Money. A present. Serving food at a mission. A hat to a homeless person. The hope of Christ.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home