Monday, August 01, 2005

I'm a Loser

It's true. You may not think that about me, but I truly am, in the purest sense of the word. Let me tell you about it.
Just yesterday while in the car I turned to Matthew and said "I guess I'll have to manage without my sunglasses until I can find them." With light-sensitive eyes I wasn't looking forward to that, but would have to manage. Matthew didn't respond for a bit, then he said "But they're on your eyes." I laughed immediately, because I realized he was right. The sad thing is, the same scenario played out between us about a month ago. Then there was the time I was looking for my sunglasses and they were in my hand. Or the time I had filled nailholes with Polyfilla and was looking ferociously for the lid. My house isn't big enough to lose something that I had just used. I found it a week later, as I was on top of a chair sanding an upper wall. It was on top of his bookcase. Perhaps the worst of all was when I was getting all the daycare kids ready to go out, and in my headcount realized the littlest one wasn't running around me. I walked through the house once, saying to my mom...we need to find her. Then I realized she was on my left hip.
Truly a loser...one who loses everything.
I've told Matthew that he's going to have to get good at finding things for me. Someone has to keep things together.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home