Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Good Day

Yesterday was a perfect day. First thing in the morning I went to the chiropractor. I spent the whole adjustment laughing at him because no matter how far he twisted me or how hard he pushed, some things just weren't working for him. He would show frustration, which is uncommon for him. That made it even funnier.
I went to a government office, having been warned it would take hours to wait and get my paperwork processed. I was in and out in 25 minutes. During the brief wait, as our numbers flashed on the LED screens, I considered that when my number would be called I would jump up and yell "Bingo"! but I didn't have the guts. The clerk told me that on the really busy days there are people who actually do that. I can think of a couple people reading this who would be one of those kind of people.
Driving home I got lost trying to find the freeway. Yeah, I know that's no surprise. But I didn't get upset or frustrated. Just thought it was a scenic diversion. Phew.
In the evening I saw some former colleagues, and went for a long walk with my prior walking buddy. We talked and talked and talked. Sometimes things like that are good for the soul. And good for the sagging butt. Not that I'm worried about that...no...pardon me as I clear my throat.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home