Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I refuse to be a grown up

Went to Castle Fun Park today, with another mom and her girl. Set aside $10 in tokens for Matthew to play games, and so did the other mom for her child. But of course, the kids can't hang onto them while they play. Th dinosaur hunting game looked appealing, but Matthew didn't want to play it. How could he pass it up? Maryann and I sat down to play together, and we had all the tokens with us. You know what happened next. Soon we were digging in our pockets, playing the tokens on top of the game table, so they were easily accessible at the "continue" portion of the game. A couple rounds later I said "We better quit, or this game will suck all the tokens out of us." We did, but then the motorcycle racing looked appealing. Then Pac Man, a blast from the past. Matthew came running up to me for more tokens and I said "I'm busy -- dig in my pocket." Away he ran with a handful.
Man, I like this second childhood!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home