Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Revenge begins at home

I was running a couple minutes late yesterday, and finishing Matthew's lunch pack while he was brushing his teeth. I told him it was time to go and he responded by telling me that I also had to brush my teeth. This is suspicious. What does he care if I do? I told him I would do them when I get back from dropping him at school. He said he had a "surprise" for me when I get back. Clue number two. He's not so good yet at being sneaky (thank goodness). When I picked up the toothbrush I looked at it carefully. Nothing was obviously wrong. Noticing the handsoap on the counter I smiled knowingly. A quick touch of the tongue tip onto the toothbrush revealed my suspicion was true. Soap on the toothbrush bristles! I rinsed it...and then reciprocated. Oh yeah...soap on Matthew's toothbrush.
That night when he was readying himself for bed, he put toothpaste on his toothbrush. I stayed in the bathroom with him, smugly watching (my clue number one). At first he didn't respond, but then his face slowly contorted and my smile became apparent. "MOM!!!!!" "you put soap on my toothbrush." I laughed and admitted it, stating that it was payback. It was hilarious to watch the large bubbles coming out of his open mouth. He laughed as well. Of course, Matthew kept blowing more and more.
I wonder if he'll try something else this week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home