Sunday, January 02, 2005

Part 2 of today

So, now I'll start with what really came before the first post, in terms of my thoughts today. On the way to the river I formed a prayer in my mind. Things I want to be faithful in, and things I wanted from the Lord. This is a reconstruction, as best as I can do it.

God, help me to love others, even when loving seems so difficult. May I replace the desire for rebuttal with grace and mercy. May I show others what at times seems so lacking in their manner with me. May you replace sorrow and worry with your peace. May I be the first to seek reconciliation and restoration rather than complaining about petty injustices. May I consciously seek joy when it doesn't come easily. Yet may I not be afraid of sorrow, in that it sometimes is the dire expression of the soul and in itself is a step in healing. May I learn from those around me, even/especially those who are deemed as outcasts or undesirable. May I always have integrity in intentions and in actions. May others see You when they look at me. May I not live in fear, as I used to in the past. When I need to repeat the same lessons because of forgetfulness, cause my recollection to come quicker each time. That I may someday move on in maturity, to the next set of lessons You bring in life.
Please continue to heal my life and my heart. And in the journeying, please bring the same kind of healing to others along my path. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home