Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Wishes

It's customary in our culture to give New Year's greetings and express heart-felt wishes for happiness and prosperity. I didn't know what to blog until this evening.

As I was preparing to go out, I tried on a pair of pants that haven't been worn for about a year. They didn't pass the mirror test, but as I was about to remove them I noticed one of the pockets felt stiffer than the other. There was money in it! Then as I was looking under the bathroom sink for something to hold my hair up I checked in a makeup bag that I suspected might contain a barrette. I hadn't used the bag since summer. There was money in it! Now I know what to wish for you.

May you find joy in small things, prosperity where we least expect it, and share it with others. May you find just one friend who loves you despite your darkest moments - who could see your flaws if they wanted, but through choice looks at you and says "what do you mean?" when you complain about your shortcomings. May you find the love of Christ.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home