Sunday, October 03, 2004

Watery Grave

I need to go to the river. To cast my cares into the water and watch them sink to the grave. Ah, but to leave them there will be the challenge. To depart from that moment and know that I am not the person I was then I came, when it would be more familiar to still bear these things in my soul.

Does this sound like your life? You need to go to the river. Maybe you need a purging flame - to write down those things that you know are destroying you and turn the tables on them. Destroy them first. But then what will take their place? Will you in sickness be lonely once the specters have been put to rest? Moms, dads. children, lovers, friends, sisters, brothers, teachers, pastors. When you've given them up what will fill the chasm that they have occupied as you've given them more and more room in your life?

You've been co-dependent on your death grip. Do you hear that? Not on the people, for many of them are no longer with you. You're co-dependent on the space you have given them in your life. You can't forgive. You can't let them die. You will be empty. You don't know what to do next.

Do you?.....



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home