Wednesday, October 27, 2004

...runneth over

Carolyn writes about the toilet experience. Ah yes, the sights and sounds.
Yesterday I went to the bathroom (amazingly enough I did that despite the 4 children under the age of 5 running around) and felt the stress we all get when the water never declines. Up, up up. No!!! I reached for the plunger knowing that immediate action was necessary. I plunged with short, quick, repetitive strokes, which to the plunger expert is the best way for minimum spillage and maximum response. As the water sloshed in and out of the throat of the toilet I heard a faint clinking sound. Could be a problem. 4 children...a toy maybe? Suddenly the sound became that of pure water (okay tainted, but the word pure sounds better) and the level decreased. The object was gone, and I don't care what it was. The less I know the better, because I don't want to wonder where else it may be or what is missing. I've been looking for a set of plastic keys for weeks now. Maybe.... Perhaps on the next flush.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home