Saturday, October 23, 2004

Loss

Grief comes to all. Whether it be on occasion of a death, divorce, devastation of a dream, we all face it. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross has formulated the "5 steps of grief", which many people use. Do you believe in the steps? Check them out here. Now check out this response to it. Where do you stand?

Here's a writing I found on the internet. Sorry, can't find it again to put where or who the author is.

With all Life gives, in everyday,
Dear Lord teach me now, how to pray,
Give me Strength,
Give me Hope,
Teach me please, how to Cope.
Give me Faith,
Give me Trust,
For Peace-of-Mind, this is a must.
Calm my Anger, imprison my Hate,
I want to be Happy before it's too late.
I know of Sorrow, and a little of Pain,
But for plants to grow, there must be rain.
Show me how to say Goodbye,
Teach me now, how not to Cry.
Lord; explain to me "Why?",
Death does come, "How?",
When you add it all together, this is the lump Sum.
Teach me how to face my Fear,
Letting me know that you are near.
Walk me thru the steps of Grief,
All this I ask in True Belief....
That there is a God,and a Heaven to see,
From where God and Dad watch over Me!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home