Monday, October 11, 2004

A 4 year old boy I look after told me this week that he has the best mom in the world. I smiled, agreed with him, and told him that he has the best mommy for him. When I saw her that night I told her how much her son adored her and she told me of some of the wonderful times they've been having together. She credited him for the wonderful things he has been saying to her.

As parents we find ourselves in situations where we wonder if we have made the right choice. I wonder sometimes if I'm the right kind of parent for my son. I struggle with the fact that as an adult he will have memories that aren't always what I would want them to be, as most of us do. Then I remind myself to believe a post written a short while ago...."It's okay to make mistakes".

That crede doesn't give me permission to be careless. It gives me the understanding that I don't want to make a decision that will be destructive, but that if in the daily working out of my life I fail on some points I can forgive myself. It motivates me to abuse the crede less, not more.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home