Monday, August 02, 2004

Help

"I run to you, God; I run for dear life. Don't let me down! Take me seriously this time! Get down on my level and listen, and please - no procrastination! Your granite cave a hiding place, your high cliff aerie a place of safety.
I hate all this silly religion, but you, God, I trust. I'm leaping and singing in the circle of your love; you saw my pain, you disarmed my tormentors. You didn't leave me in their clutches but gave me enough room to breathe.
Be kind to me, God - I'm in deep, deep trouble again. I've cried my eyes out; I feel hollow inside. My life leaks away, groan by groan; my years fade out in sighs.
Desperate, I throw myself on you: you are my God! Hour by hour I place my days in your hand, safe from the hands out to get me. Warm me, your servant, with a smile; save me because you love me.
Don't embarrass me by not showing up, I've given you plenty of notice."
(segments of Psalms 31; The Message Bible)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule. You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." (Matthew 5:1-4)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home