Saturday, August 21, 2004

Family Dysfunction

Brander was talking to me about an idea he had. Partway through I said "That will work only if..." and HE cut ME off. He told me to listen to everything he had to say. Jokingly, I said "I shouldn't have to listen to you any more. Do you realize our relationship is backwards to most? I, the woman, do most of the listening, and you do most of the talking?" At which point Matthew looked at us and said "No, I do most of the talking."
We went grocery shopping as a family. After parking the van, Brander was volunteered to get the cart. Normally we all walk together, but when we got out of the van I said to Matthew "Let's walk ahead of daddy like we think we're the boss." To which Matthew replied "Mommy, we ARE the boss!"

Comments:
Yeah...I'm saving it for a future blog. hehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home