Sunday, August 15, 2004

Dreams of Flying

Some say flying in dreams has some sort of spiritual significance. Not the one you're about to read.
From the age of 6-10 we lived in a 3 story house. The stairway leading from the main floor to the upstairs had a few steps at the bottom, with a landing partway up. At the landing the stairs changed on a 90 degree right angle. Got the picture? Hang onto that one.
I still have vivid recollection (filled with emotion) of a dream I had when I was 9. I could fly. I was flying down the hallway between the bedrooms, towards the stairs. I felt the breeze on my clothes and hair as I began down the stairs, so aware that I was floating over them without touching. I gained speed and approached the landing.......where I violently smacked into the wall because I couldn't make the corner. Ouch!!!!
After that time I had another dream that I was being chased by a monster. There was a serious of closed doors in my way. Over these doors were old-fashioned windows, slightly open. I flew under one door, escaping the nip of the monster. He came behind me. I flew over the next, through the open window. Sadly, I couldn't make it through the crack in the next door frame and the monster got me.
I've had all kinds of these dreams all my life. Sometimes I'm not flying. But there are always monsters. Sometimes the monsters are people. Sometimes they're carrying machine guns. Does anyone want to psychoanalyze that?


Comments:
what did the monster do when he caught you?
 
I had a dream, which I actually dreamt about a few times, of driving a car as fast as I could, packed with people and everybody just kept telling me to drive faster.
 
James, I woke up right when the monster ounced on me and bit my heels. You know it's not good to dream of being killed. Maimed is okay, but death is another thing. I forgot...there are also dreams of falling off a cliff. Lots of flying going on in my dreams over my life. But no, there will be no sky diving!
 
okay, so my reoccuring dream is me driving in a car (usually at the intersection of Gladwin and Mcclure, but not always) and coming to a stop at the lights, only as hard as a step on the brakes the car doesn't stop right way and I usually end up in the middle of the intersection, at which point I put the car in reverse and the same thing happens, I keep going back and forth trying to stop right on the line. It's a feeling of being completely out of control and can be quite scary. Oh, I think I just analyzed that one myself.
Cari
 
Post a Comment



<< Home